The Critical Maritime Routes Programme is composed of seven projects. Four of these projects – CRIMSON, CRIMARIO, GoGIN and WeCAPS- are currently ongoing, while the other three – CRIMGO, CRIMLEA and MARSIC – are concluded.
The Critical Maritime Routes Programme is financed by the European Union for an amount of 49.9 million euros over a period of 14 years.
The following chart shows the budget distribution of the Critical Maritime Routes Programme per project:
Non-CMR maritime security actions
Among the several important actions sponsored by the EU (which can be found in the EU Mapping Datasheet), seven initiatives, which share similar general objectives of the CMR, are worth to be highlighted.
These actions are:
- SWAIMS, Support to West Africa Integrated Maritime Security
- PASSMAR, Support to Central Africa Maritime Security and Safety Strategy
- PESCAO, Improvement of Regional Fisheries Governance in Western Africa
- MASE, the regional Maritime Security Programme in the EA-IO region
- Port Security and Safety of Navigation in Eastern and Southern Africa and Indian Ocean
- Operation ATALANTA, launched within the framework of the EU Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP)
- ESIWA, Enhancing Security and Cooperation in and with Asia