The data displayed in the dashboard is responsibility of the CRIMSON team and do not reflect the official opinion of the European Union. Neither the European Union institutions and bodies nor any person acting on their behalf may be held responsible for the use which may be made of the information contained therein.
The data used to create this dashboard has been collected by the CRIMSON team using reports and other informative material, made available by other CMR projects and eventually approved by their key experts. The accuracy of the data and their correlation is 90%. However, in some instances, given the limited availability of information, some categories/data may offer only a partial and/or general reflection of CMR components’ activities.
The professional categories of the participants have been divided as follows:
- The category “Law Enforcement” includes participants from police, forensics, customs, cybercrime units, counter terrorism units and gendarmerie.
- The category “Government” includes participants from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Transports, Ministry of Fishery and Agriculture, Ministry of Shipping, Ministry of Navigation, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Public Infrastructure and Ministry of Equipment.
- The category “Information sharing” includes participants from the Information Sharing Centres (ISC) in Mombasa and Dar es Salaam, the Regional Maritime Information Sharing Centre (ReMISC) in Sana’a.
- The category “Maritime Affairs/Port Authority” includes participants from Maritime Affairs, Maritime Authorities, Maritime Administration Directorate, Maritime Coordination Centre, Port Agencies, and Port Authorities.
- The categories “Navy” and “Coast Guards” include participants affiliated to national navies and coast guards respectively.
- The category “Other” includes those participants whose information regarding their professional affiliation was not available.
When defining the nationalities of participants, for reasons of clarity, participants from the different states of Somalia (Galmudug, Puntland, Jubaland, Somaliland, South West State and Hir-Shabelle) have been grouped under the “Somalia” category.