Organisation of the 3rd “Coordination Meeting – International Maritime Partners in the Gulf of Guinea”
On 17-18 March, CRIMSON organised the 2-day online event “Coordination Meeting – International Maritime Partners in the Gulf of Guinea”. The purpose of the meeting was to gather project implementors and partners who are currently conducting actions in and around the maritime security domain in the Gulf of Guinea and exchange visions, best practices and experiences.
These exchanges aimed to build a better understanding of ongoing maritime security-related projects, their outcomes and the situation in the Gulf of Guinea. CRIMSON led the event, presenting the CMR programme at large, with a specific focus on CRIMSON. The meeting provided attendees with an opportunity to share updates on activities implemented during the last 12 months, responses to the COVID-19 pandemic and respective plans of action to identify potential synergies and increase discussions.
The conference has proved to be a success, gathering more than 50 participants each day. Beside EU project teams, participants included representatives from UNODC, INTERPOL, US Navy, IMO, WCO and from a number of EU Member States.
CMR Website in Portuguese Given the number of lusophone countries under the geographical scope of the CMR programme, CRIMSON translated the entire CMR website in Portuguese to facilitate communication. In this way, Portuguese-speaking partners and stakeholders will be able to keep themselves informed on the updates of the CMR without any effort. Visit the PT version of the website here
Participation in webinars CRIMSON participated in a number of webinars throughout the last three months, in order to ensure programme visibility and maintain the message of complementarity among and between the different projects under the CMR. These are the main events attended by CRIMSON:
- 25 January 2021: WCO Webinar – Presentation of the Programme Global Shields
- 28 January 2021: ISS Webinar – Will the Wakashio wreck improve Africa’s ability to respond to maritime disasters?
- 17 February 2021: Nato Southern HUB webinar – How to improve maritime security in the Gulf of Guinea
- 18 February 2021: Webinar organised by Stellenbosch University, University of the Free State and University of Haifa – Shipping Security: Maritime Aspects off Africa
- 22 February 2020: IFC IOR – 37th Shared Awareness Meeting
- 23 February 2020: RiskIntelligence Webinar – South-east Asia: The maritime threat landscape and outlook
- 2 March 2020: ISS Webinar – SADC is poised to unlock the region’s maritime potential
- 25 March 2021: European Council of Foreign Relations Webinar – Toward a European Indo-Pacific Strategy
- 31 March 2021: SWAIMS Webinar – Curbing maritime insecurity in the Niger Delta
- 6 April 2021: CRIMARIO Webinar – State of Play: CRIMARIO II and the IORIS platform